Layer 2 is an enhancement layer for the lower layers of the Web 3 tech stack. Included in this component are meta-protocols, or layer 2 protocols, that provide enhanced features such as scaling, compute and encrypted messaging.
This layer is made up of one component.
(7) Second layer protocols (7.1) [[State channels|State channels]] (7.2) [[Plasma protocols|Plasma protocols]] * (7.3) [[Encrypted storage|Encrypted storage]]
- _NuCypher, Parity Secret Store_
- (7.4) [[Storage incentivization|Storage incentivization]]
- (7.5) [[Heavy computation|Heavy computation]]
- (7.6) [[Distributed secret management|Distributed secret management]]
- Scaling Summary Spreadsheet - comparison of many scaling solutions across 13 key factors.